Grant applications are accepted on an ongoing basis throughout the year, and the review process can take a few months. Organizations applying for funding must be classified as tax-exempt 501(c)3. Most grants are approved for a three-year period, and indirect costs of up to 10% will be considered. Prior to submitting a full grant request, you can send a letter of inquiry with an overview of your project proposal for feedback on fundability.
Grant proposals should include the following information:
- Background of the organization
- Exact legal name of 501(c)3
- Project title
- Brief proposal abstract up to 150 words (for our website)
- Project description Plan for project evaluation
- Sustainability of the project beyond grant period
- Case summaries (if appropriate)
- Project staff
- Project budget
- Other committed or solicited funding sources
Grant applications should be submitted both by email and by mail.